01 02 03 Eleanor Greer: jeff wall....Wall-e....pared. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

jeff wall....Wall-e....pared.

34
I am finally introduced to Jeff Wall, who's name I have know for a long time but who's work I did not, by a book published in 2007 by NY MoMA appropriately titled Jeff Wall.
Dead Troops Talk (a vision after an ambush of a Red Army Patrol, near Moqor, Afghanistan, winter 1986), 1992.

A Sudden Gust of Wind (after Hokusai), 1993.

These weird narrated scenes, generally pulled back to contextualize, are striking to me and by striking I mean "Ow!". My thoughts go deeper on the matter but I am tired.
Insomnia, 1994.

Side note: Jimena vomited all night long, spent the day home with me but still went to see Grease, in Spanish, with her mother tonight. I am left to think of those things for which I would, after vomiting forth my entire self, I would still stand up, get dressed and go out for. So far: John Mayer. A reviewing of Olafur Eliasson's show at the SF MoMA. Merion Este's lecture at Biola University. The American presidential election. The NY Philharmonic or the LA Symphony. Baja. Spanish hot chocolate. A midnight showing of White Christmas.
35 36 37 38