01 02 03 Eleanor Greer: from On Turning Ten by Billy Collins. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

from On Turning Ten by Billy Collins.

34
"It seems only yesterday I used to believe
there was nothing under my skin but light.
If you cut me I would shine.
But now when I fall upon the sidewalks of life,
I skin my knees. I bleed."

This stanza of Billy's throws itself in my path, tripping me, as I stumble around this apartment, foggy with a head cold. My apologies for being absent from this blog recently, if any do in fact traverse these grounds, for this season of life and learning has hit me from behind like a logging truck and my body can barely support itself. I will post my recent thoughts, readings and research in the coming weeks.

Nevertheless the sky, the air, the weather is beautiful in Los Angeles this spring! I just stepped outside and the air stormed through my nostrils and cleared my breath for the first time in a few days. Holy Week is upon us and Easter nearly present. What a blessing to be living- head colds and all- thank you thank you.
(Sydney made a giant cupcake. I helped eat it.)
35 36 37 38