01 02 03 Eleanor Greer: robert irwin @ mcasd. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

robert irwin @ mcasd.

34
I wish that I were of glass, able to walk in the rain and to have it simply slide from my skin. As it is, the rain bites my skin, makes me squint my eyes against it and leaves me cold and dented. I want to look into it. To see how it flies on the wind, from where it is coming and to where it is traveling.

The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, La Jolla Branch included, is currently hosting a 50 year retrospective of Robert Irwin's work. Irwin, a light and space artist out of the Southern California area, will be speaking as this year's distinguished UCSD Russell artist on Thursday, February 21 at 7:00pm. I believe this lecture will be held out at the La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art. The retrospective itself I have not been to but have heard and read powerful things about. Irwin's work is always a treat, for any age group, and is quite broadly represented in this collection spanning 50 years of creativity.

You can read the San Diego Union Tribune's review of the exhibition
here.
A personal review to follow....as soon as I can get my sleepy self out of this rainy weather and down to my hometown, SD.
35 36 37 38