01 02 03 Eleanor Greer: i love sibelius...sue me. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

i love sibelius...sue me.

34

When I attempt to speak academically, as if I were well educated or as if I have grand thoughts about this world I tend to shut up. Proof: I have not written anything on these hallowed walls for some time.

I have been enrolled in a course on the Catholic, or General, Letters. What rich text! We have traversed, in three weeks, the letters of Hebrews, James, 1 and 2 Peter and Jude. (Traditionally the books of John are included as well) So strong, so beautifully written, powerful and convicting. Somehow this life, this contradictory faith and this world make sense...

"When I close my eyes I can feel winds blowing and my entire soul seems like a vast plain that goes on and on...And when I'm in it I feel so much a part of this world and humanity because I know part of me is resting in a world beyond this, lifting me above all the despair which accompanies this life." (anonymous)

I have not been painting much recently, due in large part to this course taking over my entire life, and am chomping at the bit to get back in the studio. My mind aches with all that I need to simply sit with. One might think of whoever that actor was that played Jackson Pollock, cowering in the corner in fear of the giant canvas and the unleashing of his self upon it.
35 36 37 38